By Field Notes
Sometimes you need a bigger notebook, one that’ll lie flat on your desk, ready for to-do lists and phone messages. Sometimes you need The Steno.
The Steno is 6" by 9" with a black “Double-O Wiring” spiral at the top so it lies flat, open or closed. Inside you’ll find 80 pages of 70# “Bright White” paper Gregg-Ruled with a fine, soy-based application of “Double Knee Duck Canvas” light brown ink. The covers are 60 pt. “Super Duty Chipboard,” with a screen-printed 1-color application of “Dictation Smudge” black ink.
The inside covers provide a range of useful information, from the history of stenography and an abbreviations guide, to temperature conversions, planetary distances from the sun, a hobo symbol quick reference guide and more. Frankly, we wonder how we ever got by without one open on our desks at all times.
- Proudly printed in the USA by the good people of Schneider Graphics, Inc., Bensenville, Ill.
- Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 70# text "Bright White," with a soy-based, 1-color application of "Double Knee Duck Canvas" light brown ink.
- Line dimension: 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- Bound with bombproof black metal Renz "Double-O" Ring Wire, with appreciation to U.S. Patent #2142816, filed in 1935 by W. Walter Grumbacher.
- Bottom corners precisely rounded to ⅜" (9.5mm) with a Challenge two-head round corner machine.
- Steno book dimensions are 6" × 9" (15cm × 23cm).
- Field Notes uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.